Kalyana Varma (Saravali Fame) is an Astrologer from 10th century AD India, and he was also ruling a small state, he studied BPHS, Parasara, Bhrigu, Yavanas etc. etc. and came up with following combinations.
Combinations for renunciation-Kalyana Varma Saravali.
Note: Dhristi - Aspect - Watching.
Changing your time of birth does not change your destiny, you will get what you deserve, no matter how many times you change your time of birth or date of birth. :-)
Various sages have explained widely the combinations of four, or more planets producing an ascetic, I now explain below such of the Yogas.
1. One born with the conjunction of the Sun, Moon, Venus, Jupiter and Mars, or the Luminaries, Mercury and Mars, or the Sun, Mars, Saturn, Mercury and Venus becomes an ascetic.
2.The native having the combination of Mars, the Luminaries (i.e. Sun and Moon), Mercury and Jupiter, or the Luminaries, Saturn and Mercury, or the Luminaries, Mars and Saturn takes to renunciation and become a mendicant.
3. The Sun, Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury being together, to Mars, the Sun, Mercury and Jupiter joining denotes a mendicant.
4. Should Venus and the Sun, Mars and Saturn, or Jupiter, Mars and the Sun and Saturn, or Mars the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn with strength be conjunction at birth, native takes to asceticism.
5. One will be initiated into a religious vow, if anyone of the following group of planets be found together at birth,
a) Mars Saturn, Mercury and Jupiter.
b) Mars, Saturn, Mercury, the Sun and the Venus.
c) The Luminaries, Mars, Saturn and Venus.
6. One becomes a mendicant to live in forests and hilly areas, If the planets group themselves in conjunctions at birth, as:
a) Venus, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter and the Sun.
b) Mars the Moon, Jupiter, Mercury and Saturn.
c) Venus, Mercury, Saturn, the Moon and Mars.
7. The natives will become a sage, giving up (even) his food and be honoured by the people, If the heavenly bodies form conjunction, as:
a) The Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and the Sun.
b) The Luminaries, Mercury, Venus and Mars.
8. The native will be initiated into a religious vow, If:
a) The Luminaries, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn, or
b) The Moon, Mars, Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter and the Sun, or
c) Mars the Luminaries, Saturn, Venus and Mercury, Join together at birth.
9. A famous sage is indicated by the combinations of :
a) The Luminaries, Jupiter, Saturn and Venus or
b) Venus, the Luminaries, Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.
10. Note the conjunction of the following planets:
a) The Luminaries, Jupiter, Saturn and Venus, or
b) Venus, the Luminaries, Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.
11. Note the the conjunction of the following planets:
a) Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and the Sun,
b) Venus, The Luminaries, Saturn, Jupiter and Mercury, It indicates an ascetic.
12. If conjunction is found among the planetary group, Viz,
a) The Luminaries, Jupiter and Saturn,
b) Saturn, The Luminaries and Venus.
c) Sun, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, the native will become an ascetic living on roots and fruits.
13. The native will become an ascetic with bark garments, If Mars, the Sun, Mercury and Venus are found together at birth, the same effect follows the conjunction of Mars, the Moon, Jupiter and Mercury.
14. A patient ascetic (awaiting the blessing of the Supreme) is indicated by either the combination of the Moon, Mercury, Mars and Saturn, or of Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
15. A sage living only by eating fruits is denoted by the combinations of the Luminaries Venus and Mercury, or Mars, Mercury, Venus and Saturn, or Saturn, the Moon, Jupiter and Venus.
16. An Ascetic, who will be highly honourable, living in forests, is denoted by each of the under mentioned planetary conjunctions:
a) The Sun, Mars, the Moon and Venus.
b) The Luminaries, Mars and Mercury.
c) Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and the Sun.
d) Venus, Jupiter, the Moon and Mars.
17. Find the planets together in individual groups, as under:
a) Venus, Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
b) The Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Venus.
c) The Luminaries, Mars Mercury and Jupiter, The results is that the ascetic will be sorrowful (Unsuccessful mendicant).
18. Mars,Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury with strength, or Saturn, the Sun, Mercury, the Moon and Mars with strength in conju8nction produce one with clotted hair and bark garments.
19. The Luminaries Mercury, Mars and Venus, or the Luminaries, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, If be together, the native certainly will become an ascetic.
20. If the Sun denotes asceticism (i.e being the strongest in the Yoga), there will be only be faith in the religious order, while competence ( to fulfill the order) will lack, If the planet contributing such order is overpowered by another planet (i.e in eclipse, planetary was etc.) the native will give up the order after being initiated into it.
Should many planets denote such an order, there may be many kinds of religious orders, but these will depend on the order of the planet.
21. If the planet indicating asceticism is combust in the Sun, or is aspects by another heavenly body, the native will only have an earnest desire to be initiated into the religious order, but will not attain fruition of his aim, so say Yavanas.
22. The native will attain religious order, If the Moon, posited in a decanate of Saturn, is aspects by Mars and Saturn, the same effect is produced, If the Moon occupies the Navamsa of Aries/Scorpio in aspect to Saturn.
23. If the Lord of the Moon sign receives the sole aspect of Saturn, one will enter religious order, even in this context the earlier yogas, If present will only prevail.
24. If the Lord of the MOON sign, bright with rays, lends his aspect to Saturn, while Saturn is in an Angle, the native will lose his fortunes only to enter into a religious order.
25. If one among the Sun, the Moon and Jupiter be devoid of strength and occupy the Ascendant or the 10th or the 12th in aspect to strong Saturn, the native will become distressed ascetic.
26.Should the Moon with strength be in the 10th, falling in a benefice Navamsa, while others occupy their exaltation marks and all being in aspect to strong Saturn, the native will become the Lord of the earth to only become an ascetic.
27. If waxing Moon with strength, aspects the Ascendant Lord, the latter being bereft of strength and being alone (In that Rasi), the native will be devoid of wealth and own men, be miserable, sorrowful, will take asceticism and will obtain his food with great inconvenience.
28. One will become a religious mendicant, If Saturn occupying a benefice Navamsa aspects others including the Moon, the Moon in this case should only be in Aquarius Navamsa.
29. If the Lord of the Moon sign aspects all the other planets, while these are all together in one Rasi, the native will become an ascetic.
30. The Sun rules the ascetics of the following orders: Those, who worship the fire god in forests or on river banks, those who worship ( the omnipotent) Sun God, Elephant faced Ganesa, Parvati, those who recite the hymns of Gayatri (which are very scared) those, who are vowed to bathe in the scared Ganges everyday and those, who maintain (absolute) celibacy.
31. The religious order belonging to the Moon attracts the following various persons, those disciples, who smear their bodies with sacred ashes, those who worship the feet of lord Siva, those who are abandoned by the society, those who are devoted to Bhagavati, those who give up company of others those, who take to Soma Siddhanta and those, who carry bowls in their hands (for begging alms).
32. The Buddhist monks, the tonsured , those, who wear white apparels, those, who beg wearing good robes, those, who wear blood red clothes and those, that have conquered their five senses all these mendicants are ruled by Mars.
33. Mercury denotes an alms seeker, a conjurer, a snake poison curer and one, who eats the flesh of a peacock.
34. The ascetics ruled by Jupiter are those, who hold a single sceptre ( or mace), those who hold three sceptres, those, who wear red colored apparels, those who are in the third stage of their religious life, those who pull on their lives with fruits and water (alone), those, who still are attached to family ties, those, who maintain celibacy and those, who take to visiting shrines.
35. Venus rules the mendicants of saivite and Vaishnavite sects.
36. Religious hypocrites bare mendicants and the Ascetics, who sit under shadowy trees in forests are ruled by Saturn.
37. Should Raja Yogas be simultaneously present along with the above ascetic yogas, all the evil results are nullified and the native will become very virtuous, will be adorned by the king himself becoming a king and will take to religious order.
Thus ends the 20th Chapter entitled Combinations for Renunciations in Kalyana Varmas Saravali.